Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Faatoafe Christmas

In the past we have done Christmas with the Faatoafe side on Christmas Eve. It has always worked best because Fia and Glenda (Father and Mother in-law) usually have to work on Christmas Day, and then everyone can do Christmas with their other familys on Christmas Day. However, this year, since Christmas was on a weekend, they both had the whole day off. This was perfect because now the little girls understand that Santa comes on Christmas Eve and they want to do Christmas in the morning after he comes. Therefore, this year Richie and I got out of bed before the sun was up to head over to his parents house. It was a great morning and so much fun to watch the girls open their gifts. They were so excited.

It did get a little hectic with all the gifts and the little girls ripping them open. At one point KK opened a gift and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, this is my favorite!!" Her Mom quickly looked down and said, "Oh, you opened Natalya's gift. Please give it to her." It was hilarious...poor girl had her favorite gift taken away, that part was not funny, but the way the convo went down sounded so funny...maybe you had to be there. Here are Richie and Chris observing the madness. A little look at the "madness." It was a little chaotic for a bit but soon after everyone was done opening, things calmed down and we were able to have breakfast and play with toys.
Fia and Glenda got the family a Wii, so that took up most of the morning. It was really fun to take turns playing the different games. However, Christmas morning is never complete without one child melting down at some point!! Sometimes, taking turns at the age of 5 can be HELL.:)
This is one of the gifts that Richie and I got for Natalya. It is all she has been talking about for the last two months and she played with it all morning. Natalya also cut her bangs for Christmas:). When I asked her why she did that she told me, "I didn't want bangs anymore." I guess to a 5 year old when you are done having bangs you can just cut them off to get rid of them...very logical.
"Pop Goes Perfection!!" I loved this game when I was younger. My friend down the street had it and I loved to play with it. Obviously Chris still loves to play with it:).
It was a great morning! Even though we had to get up so early, I really enjoyed seeing the girls open all their gifts and have a relaxing morning at the in-laws.

3 comments:

Malia said...

Looks fun! Yes, we had lots of bang-cutting in the Lundahl family too back in the day. Fortuntely hair grows. :)

Kimberly said...

The pic with all the presents does look massively chaotic-I can see how KK got mixed up. Wow!

Amy said...

Wow - that is a lot of toys! I love the pic of Nats having a meltdown!