Saturday, July 4, 2009

Great time, great friends

Last weekend some of my greatest friends from childhood found time out of our busy schedules to get together. It is always such a great time when the four of us are together, as there is such a great comfort in being with old friends. Lauren recently moved to a cute little cottage style house right outside of downtown Gig Harbor. She has a beautiful view and the sun was shining the day Check Spellingwe headed up there. We were able to go wine tasting, beer tasting, have a yummy lunch, and a fresh seafood dinner.

Here are the four of us, Lauren, Jessica, Me, and Beth, taking a time out from our beer tasting. It was such a pretty day!!We were able to do some great wine tasting at a couple places in downtown Gig Harbor.And one of the places was even offering a beer tasting...it was REALLY good. Usually I don't like any beer besides light beer, but this stuff was tasty!!Some of Lauren's friends had gone out in their boat for the day and brought back fresh crab and oysters. They were so good, but then again I love pretty much any seafood so it wasn't too hard to please me:).Here are Jessica and I hanging out at Lauren's after lunch. Wine in the middle of the day can really make a person tired so while we waited for dinner to get there we sat around "resting" up before the night festivities began.
Okay, so we didn't rest the whole time, we also paid tribute to Michael Jackson by having a dance / sing off to some of his greatest hits. Here is Jessica really gettin' down!! I have to admit, she was quite good at some of his moves!!
Beth and Jessica at lunch.
It was such a fabulous day, which made me wonder why we don't make time for days like that more often? They are so refreshing and, I think, they make each of us a little mentally stronger:). I love these ladies and I am blessed to have them in my life.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

It looks so beautiful and like you gals had so much fun!! I want to come next time. :)

Beth said...

That was such a fun Saturday - love my best friends!!