Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Photo Shoot

I have recently taken up the hobby of photography. My cousin Lindsey is also into takin' pics, however, she is MUCH more advanced than I am. Her pictures are amazing and she does a great job with her editing. She recently let me tag along while she was taking senior pictures for one of her cousins, who I used to baby-sit!! It was so fun to see the little girls that I used to take care of, all grown up, and now I am taking pictures of them:). These pictures were actually taken a few weeks ago, but I just recently got my editing program and so I am finally posting a few of the pics. Please, please let me know if you want me to practice with your children or family!!

Here is a cute picture of my cousin Lindsey takin' a picture of me, taking a picture of her!! It was fun to hang out and take pictures together...we are trying to come up with fun names for a photography company (let me know any ideas that you have). So far we have Hussey squared photography (the squared part would actually be the symbol, I just can't figure out how to do that on my key board), Hussey and Hussey Inc., Hussey Photos, Pictures by Hussey...etc...Even though we both have "lost" the last name of Hussey, due to marriage, we both still feel very connected to it:). However, Richie said that having the last name Hussey and having the business of pictures, might open up a different market than what we were thinking!!

The oldest Lawrence girl, Amanda. She will be graduating in 2010 and we were recruited to take her senior pics.Another picture of Lindsey taking pics!!

The two younger Lawrence girls, Alex and Jill. They were coming along to get a few pics and, also, so we could get a few pics of all three girls together.
All three of them.
Pretty Amanda.





Jill.
Alex is a figure skater, so the twirling part was very natural for her.

I had such a great time. I really do love taking pictures. I look forward to taking my cousin, Scott's, senior pictures pretty soon. I would love to get into photography as a side job / hobby and I feel like I have finally gotten started with that.

1 comment:

lindzabenz said...

LOVE the post, and Im LOVIN' "Hussey(squared)" haha, Richie-oh man, that is true!! You are doing well with editing and you have a awesome eye for great pics. :) Wish you were coming tomorrow, we'll plan another shoot together soon!