Monday, July 20, 2009

Keepin' cool

Richie decided to pull out the hose the other day when it was SUPER hot in order to water some trees and cool off the dogs. We have already set up the sprinkler for them to play in, but Baxter proceeded to bite at the streams of water until he had completely destroyed the sprinkler!! Therefore, Richie's next solution to hot weather was just a simple stream of water, which both the dogs LOVED, but Lady loved it a little bit more. I think we need to get them a kiddie pool to play around in while it is hot, but I am not sure if Baxter would just chew it to bits or actually play in it!!

Here is Baxter playing with the hose...He is so freakin' cute sometimes...however, right now, he is sitting next to me and whining because he wants to sit on my lap and is really annoying me...not so cute:)....J/K. He's like, "Dad, keep putting water on me!!! It feels soooooo good! I can't even keep my eyes open." Don't mind the big patch of dirt on his cheek...it is from hours of chewing on his Kong ball.
Lady could not stop playing with the water, however, Baxter soon grew bored and went back to his Kong ball.

My pretty Lady...I like to call her Lady Bug. She is so sweet, all the time, and absolutely loves the water!! To her, this was, like, best day ever!!!!!!!
I know that I am a total dork for doing a whole blog on my dogs, but sometimes they are just so cute that I want everyone else to see them too. They really do full fill me more than I ever thought a dog could. I was never even a dog person, but now I am hooked! They make me very happy:).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel silly about doing a posting on your dogs. Our dogs were always our "kids" until Gwen came. I think they are feeling a bit neglected right now.

Kimberly said...

Ok, Baxter cracks me up--he is such the doofy kid!

Molly said...

Cute pups! :)