Thursday, July 9, 2009

Then and Now

This is the first picture that Richie and I ever took together. We were not quite together yet, but I think you can see that we already loved each other:). I was only 18 years old in this picture and my cute little husband was only 17!!! CRAZY!!! Look at his ugly little mustache...he thought it was soooooo cool. Hahaha. We finally started dating about 10 months after this picture was taken. It seems so long ago.... And here we are today. A few years older, a few pounds heavier, a few more wrinkles, and a lot more love (totes cheesy, I know). I am now 27 and he turns 27 on July 12th...gosh, these pictures are taken almost TEN years apart.
I guess we have switched who kisses who in the pictures now.
How time flies!!! It does not even seem like Richie and I are old enough to have been together for this long. Since it is summer time...the first summer Richie and I were together, we would buy Mickey's 22's at the local Chevron, right down the street from his parents house. We were not 21 yet so we could only buy beer at that specific place because they never carded Richie due to the fact that they thought he was his older brother, Chris. We would then proceed to sit around, usually with a friend or two, and drink them on the side of / the driveway at his parent's...so classy!!! But for some reason it was so fun...probably just because we were hanging out together:).
Good times!!!!!


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Before I got to the part about the Mickey's, I actually had a tear in my eye--you guys look so young and I can't believe you've been together that long. . .You both look great still even if a little older. :) And it's weird to think you are still younger than my age when Z and I met--we're old!

Kora said...

Mar, I love your stories/pics...keep 'em comin! In the most recent pic, it's clear you and Richie have taken modeling classes since you first got together...

Amy said...

You guys are cute. Glad the mustache is gone, though. :o)