Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Climbin' the hill....

That is what Kora is doing. The whole family, and some of Kora's friends, were able to get together last Saturday to help her celebrate turning 30. I keep telling her that she is so old...but only because she will always be older than me:). I reminded her that times sure have changed a lot because when our mother was turning 30 she was about to have her FIFTH child!!! We had a great time and Kora really enjoyed herself...maybe too much:)
Kora and I started the party off kind of early by hitting up the annual Olympia Food and Wine Festival. We had a great time with just the two of us, chatting and walking around.Water, tequila, wine, and pacifico...what a party!!There is the birthday girl, celebrating Mexican style.Sophia got a little mad about something...she is very dramatic, as you can see.Now she is happy.The whole fam was able to make it and everyone had a great time...especially Kimberly:) Just kidding, she is reenacting Sophia's various picture poses. This is one of the most famous poses that you will find Sophia "striking."Kora is trying to show off our "Adult" stamps from the earlier food and wine festy...but it appears that she was really only scaring me!!This may have been the point where Kora should have stopped with the Pacificos!!! Things were starting to get a bit crazy.

David after the dentist. If you have yet to see it, you must go to you tube right now and watch it...that is the only way you will understand this photo.I think Richie likes what he got:)This is the point where Kora started to tell everyone, especially Richie (who was completely sober) that she loved them!!! Classic drunk birthday move.

We ended the night with karaoke in the bar, where I could have sung the night away. It was so much fun and we really got the crowd going. In fact, I got a couple recording offers, but at this point I only sing for fun, not money.

It was a great birthday party... I wish Kora the best in her 30th year:) Cheers to my sister:)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Fun post & pics. Thanks for sharing what we missed!

Kora said...

Uhh....no....pics 9 and 10 especially needed to stay OFF the web! :) Way fun night, glad everyone could make it out...

Kimberly said...

Those pics are hilarious. Didn't need to put the pic of my big long tongue though. :) I heard you were quite the karoake star!