Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break and Secrets

Spring Break was a crazy week for the Hussey family. Usually, a break from work means relaxation and lazy days...not so much with this break!!! This year Spring Break was filled with changes, additions, scares, and mostly LOTS of secrets. The week started off with the marriage of Kimberly and Zach, which was not surprise or secret. We had known and planning for six months and the day went off without a hitch...however, the bride and groom had a secret of their own, the first of many throughout the break. Kimberly and Zach are expecting their first BABY!!! Kimberly found out the week before her wedding, but didn't tell anyone until the Tuesday after. Richie and I are much smarter though and figured it out the weekend of the wedding, so we were in the know before the rest of the bunch.

On Tuesday during Spring Break, I woke and helped Richie get ready for work. As Baxter, Lady, and I were standing at the front door waving goodbye, my phone began to ring. It was only about 8:30 am, so when I saw that it was Amy calling, I instantly knew that she had gone into labor. I answered the phone with, "Are you in labor?" She told me yes, but that I was the only one in the family they were telling right now (secret #2) because my Mom and Dad were going up to Seattle for a "play day," which my Dad actually told Kyle was for a doctor's appointment for my Mom (secret #3). Do you see how all these secrets just started building and adding up!!! Amy didn't want my Mom to turn back around and head for Olympia before going to her appointment so we chose not to let her in on the secret just yet. I have to admit that I was a little upset with my Mother for not letting us know that she was going up to a doctor to get some "stuff" checked out. However, everything ended up being fine (THANK GOD!!!) I think that she learned her lesson about keeping secrets from all of her babies...we were all quite scared...what would we ever do without her?!
My parents quickly found out that Amy was going to the hospital because my Dad spoke with one of his drivers who spilled the beans by telling them that Kyle "had better things to do" than be at work. My Dad instantly knew what that meant and told my Mom that they needed to head back home right after the doctors appointment. Before we headed up to the hospital, Kimberly broke her secret to the rest of the family. She was working from my parents house, therefore she brought her own computer. When most of the family was there, she asked if anyone wanted to see her new screen saver...which was a picture of her pregnancey test. Of course everyone started screaming and crying. It took a little bit for some people to "get" what the picture was, but none the less, everyone was so happy and congratulated her with hugs.

Here is a picture of Sophia welcoming her new baby brother, Griffin LeRoy Hussey. He is so chubby and cute. I absolutely love him!!!
So that concludes my Spring Break full of secrets!!! I hope everyone had a great week last week...and remember, secrets never make friends!!!!








4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your blog always makes me laugh--your stories are always so funny--well the way you write them, I love it.

lindzabenz said...

Crazy week. How exciting! Im so glad things with your mom are good, and baby griffin is a doll! I was waiting until Kimberly's secret came out on the blogs! Grandpa spilled the beans last night ;)Fun times!!!!

Beth said...

I am so excited for your family! What a crazy week. Can't wait to here more about it on the 25th!! Does 5:30 or 6 PM sound good?

Kora said...

I love the way you write your stories, Ris...my head is still spinning a little from the Spring Break Secrets week...