Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Day at Uncle Monty's

My Aunt Beth and Uncle Monty have a wonderful swimming pool in Tumwater. These two people are very special to me. Being my Mom's youngest brother, he was around ALL the time when we were younger. In fact, my first memory comes from their wedding...I was only 2 and 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't remember the whole day; my brain isn't that big:). But I do remember tugging on my Aunt's dress and asking her to get me mints off the table because I couldn't reach them. Through out the years we have shared MANY more fun memories. I mean, these were my 'cool' aunt and uncle!! They were young and I thought they were the coolest...probably because they are:).

Here is Uncle Monty...enjoying the hot day...(side note: I totes think he looks like my Grandpa...more so than ANY of his siblings). Scotty and his girlfriend, Tallia (I hope I spelled that right, she told me a few times that day, but that was a couple weeks ago:)).
Big Boy Roy!!!!!!!!!!! Love this little guy. He is such a boy:). However, as Sophia said, "His eye lashes are a little bit princess." Such a beautiful boy.
Daddy and Son...this kid LOVES his Dad. Always wants to follow him around...too cute.
My Uncle's new dog....soooooooo sweet and cute!!!
This next one cracks me up! She is like, "Get over here now!! Take a picture with me and look cute!! Act like you love me!!!"
"Okay, now I am ready for the picture. Don't I look cute and sweet!?!?!"
These two pictures crack me up...the sequence is perfect:).
I love that she is playing with these Fisher Price toys. These are my Aunt Beth's toys from when she was little. I remember playing with them when I was a little girl and now Sophia gets to play with them. Fisher Price Little People (the original ones, not the big ones they have now) does it get any better than that?!?

I am deep in some type of convo...who knows what was so important
...And to end the long day...Griff's cute little shoes. He was beat and just left the shoes in the entry way.
Thank you Aunt Beth and Uncle Monty for always being such great support for all of us and for letting us play with your toy (the pool). Aunt Beth, you taught me how to swim for real...not just doggie paddle, and to dive. You are a great teacher and a blessing to have...glad I get to show me the skills you tauhgt me in your pool:). A pool is a great excuse to hang out on a hot day. I love you both and love that we keep making great memories:).
Oh, the lazy, hazy, crazy dayz of summer....they are great...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks Aunt Beth and Uncle Monty for the Memories we share together. You are and always will be great to all my sisters and brothers. Along with all of their children. Thanks again. Ris you made me cry!!

Anonymous said...

Marisa, what a sweet sweet post!! Yes they are a great family.....We are all blessed. Thank you for sharing the pictures and the post!!! Love, Mom

Amy said...

Totes LOL on the crazy faced Sophia picture! It was a fun day. Thanks Beth & Monty!!

lindzabenz said...

Love this post! Sups to the Sweets!! You look super cute! I love that you have earings in and a flower in your hair, and your in a pool. :) Love it! Can't wait to see you guys later today. XOXO