Monday, August 2, 2010

Happiest Place on Earth

Richies birthday is July 12th and this year it happened to fall on his week vacation from work!! I was so excited because we hardly ever get to do anything fun in the summer because Rich has to work all the time. At the last minute, I decided to check out Disneyland packages. We were not able to get into a Disney hotel, but the Sheraton down the road had openings and it was beautiful, so we went for it:). It was a very quick trip, but so fun and memorable.

For those of you who know me, you know that Disneyland is my MOST FAVORITE place, however, I married a man that had never been. I was so excited to show him all around and make him fall in love so we can go back over and over again:).

The first day that we got there was also the same day as the All Star game, which was really cool because all the players paraded through the park, however, it was the most crowded I have ever seen the park...and I have been there on New Year's Eve at midnight, which is super crowded. Poor Richie kept asking, "Is is ALWAYS like this?" I had to assure him that, while the park is always pretty full, it is not usually that crazy. One of the characters told us at the end of the day that they were 50 people away from shutting the park down...crazy!

Here we are on the Matterhorn.
We hit up California Adventure on the second day, which looking back should have been where we started. I realized that I have so many amazing memories at Disneyland which makes me love it, but for a first timer like Richie, Cali Adv is much more appealing. He said that he liked it much better and was bummed that we weren't able to spend more time there. I told him that we would have to come back next year and then we could stay at the Grand Californian and be right in the park...he thought that sounded pretty good:).

We chose the "F" for our last name:)...
Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way!!
These are a long running family joke. When I walked around the corner after grabbing a fast pass and saw Richie eating one, I had to take a pic to show the fam back home:). Chocolate covered bananas, what an odd looking treat!!!

We had such a wonderful time. I asked Rich what his favorite part was and he said, "Hands down World of Color!!" That is the new show at California Adventure and it is AMAZING!!! Anyone planning a trip to Disney, make sure you get fast passes to this show first thing in the morning. We are hoping to plan another trip for next year, preferably at a less busy time...I just have so much more that I want to show Richie.

Disneyland...happiest place on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally agree with you. i would love to go back there too. Looks like he found mom's favorite snack food. Glad you both had a lot of fun.

Kimberly said...

I wanna go! I wanna go! HA--LOL, I didn't know chocolate covered bananas were mom's fave snack food. I am seriously LMAO thinking about that. ha ha ha

Kora said...

Ris, love this. Thank you for explaining why you chose the F :).

Anonymous said...

Richie, you are a champ but I think you might still have some banana on your chin!

-Zach

Amy said...

We're in. Let's get it on the calendar!