Friday, April 30, 2010

One of the best movies ever!!!!!!

I just got done watching Steel Magnolias. This is seriously one of the best movies EVER!!!! It gets me every time, every single time!! I shed tears no matter what. It made me kind of sad the other day when I said something about this movie to my students and not one of them knew what I was talking about. So to all you mothers out there...force you children (daughters especially) to watch this movie. Don't let the classic die!!!!!!! Not only does my mother look very similar to Sally Field, but every time I watch this movie I think of my own Mom and how she would do anything for all six of her children, much like Shelby's mother!!

I also noticed this time through the movie that Weeza admits she would give a kidney to her dog if he needed one, and while I do not totally identify with the character of Weeza, I totes would give a kidney for either of my dogs:). Kidding...but I would probably think about it!!

Kora this is for you...
"Shelby, open your eyes! Open your eyes! Open, open, open your eyes!"
How many times did we reenact that scene?!?


Amazing movie. Watch it the next time you get the chance. What are some other classic movies that are great? Share your opinion....

5 comments:

Malia said...

Totally love Steel Magnolias!

"My colors are blush and bashful!" :)

I love Singles--one of my faves. Such a time capsule of 90s-era Seattle.

Marisa said...

Oooohhhh...Singles! I don't know if I have ever seen that one. Totally going to check it out. Thanks Malia!!

Kimberly said...

I love saying "open your eyes Shelby" :) Great movie. One of my faves and I know one of your is of course--FOOTLOOSE! A true classic for sure.

Leah said...

I'm going to have to go with Sixteen Candles, Better of Dead, Pretty Women...I could go on!

There was a movie that we all use to rent sometimes when I would come over and stay the night. I can't remember what it was called but the kids are off at camp (or maybe it's a party) one of the guys gets a lit candle put in his butt. It wasn't gross, like a bad movie for us to watch it was funny. Do any of you remember the movie? That was a good one too!

Kora said...

Well, Troop Beverly Hills is a good one...that's camping, but not sure it's the one Leah is talking about. Nick and I are totally addicted to Breakfast Club. It's on tv almost every weekend and we end up watching it all the time. Love it.