Saturday, December 26, 2009

28 years old

For some reason this year I was really NOT looking forward to my birthday. It was the first time I ever felt weird about getting another year older. Who knows why...maybe my stars weren't aligning:). Richie kept asking me what I wanted to do and I told him that I didn't really care if we did anything at all. The day of my birthday came around and we pretty much just lounged around all day. Finally around one, he said that we had dinner reservations at five, so we needed to get ready. We headed up to Stanley and Seaforts for what I thought was going to be a quiet dinner with just the two of us. However, that sweet husband of mine had called a few people earlier in the week and put together a little surprise party/dinner. We were met at the restaurant by my parents, Marie, Kora, Jessica, and Jesse. It ended up being a wonderful birthday!!!After dinner, we went back to my parents house for cake and ice cream and to open some gifts. My sweet husband...he took a day that I was not looking forward to and made it very special. He is so great.
So, I have started another year of my life. I still feel a little weird about being 28, but at least I ended up having a great birthday!!!

2 comments:

Malia said...

28 is a great age! Happy birthday!

:) Malia

Amy said...

You look great in all these pics, Ris! Happy Birthday. You'll always be 24 to me. Every year when it's your birthday that number pops into my head first!