Friday, January 28, 2011

Do you know what today is?????

...it's our anniversary. (Does anyone else remember that song?)

Five years ago today Richie and I got hitched!!

I was watching the movie Parenthood, with Steve Martin, the other day. The little old grandma started to explain how her husband had taken her on a roller coaster ride when they were younger and it went up and down, up and down. She went on to say how others preferred the merry-go-round, but not her...she liked the ups and down. She ended the story by saying every time they went down, she knew they would go back up. I thought it was a great explanation of life. Richie and I have definitely had some ups and downs, but it has been so much more fun than sitting on a silly merry-go-round, where you always know what is coming next:). Richie, thank you for being with me through all the ups and downs and letting me know that no matter what happens, our roller coaster cart won't ever get derailed...there is always another up!!!

This year, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Don and taking in the joy of expanding our family...definitely an up:).

Rich, I'll love you 'till the day I die...and thank you for loving me...even when I am crazy sometimes!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

got a little teary on that one Ris. Congrats again--you are right, this year is definitely an UP. :) Love you both

Callie said...

I totally remember that song. Oh, Tony, Toni, Tone. :)

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you both! Enjoy this time before the babe comes :)

Amy said...

Happy A, guys! I guess I'm a little emo... totes crying. Love you!