Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He likes to move it, move it....

...well most of the time. At 24 weeks, Baby Don has kind of settled into a "playtime" schedule. After breakfast, lunch, and dinner he gets a boost of energy and likes to dance, exercise, and play...and usually around 8:30 every night he kicks the tempo up a few notches and really gets to showing off and playing. However, I am really starting to think that Baby Don takes after his father and is a little bratty sometimes. A couple nights ago his regular 8:30 play time was much less intense than normal. Then the next morning, there was no playtime after breakfast or lunch. Needless to say, I was a little nervous around the end of the work day when I had yet to feel him move. After talking with my doctor and doing some relaxing for an hour to count movements, they advised me to head over to labor and delivery at the hospital just to make sure that he was OK. While Richie and I headed over there my nerves were running on high intensity. However, as soon as the nurse hooked me up to the monitor Baby Don decided to put on a show for her and move all around!!! Such a little stinker...here I was worried all day and then he waits until I get to the hospital, hooked up to the monitor, to finally start playing!!!

So I guess he was just having a little rest / lazy day, but that lazy day sure did make his momma worried!!!! The doctor at the hospital said that all of his readings from the monitor looked really good and strong. All that worry for nothing...I guess I am a total first mom worry wart!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

oh that little stink! making everyone worry like that...

Malia said...

He's already figuring out how to get his mom going...:) Smart little guy!

Leah said...

Ugh, the worry!! I do all the time now. I find Drew's transitions and tough situations are often times harder on me than him.

MamaSophia said...

If I didn't feel one of the boys move for a while, I would drink a glass of oj and lay on my left side. Worked everytime! :-)