Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!

On Sunday my Mom, Dad, Joe, and I headed out to my Grandpa's house to help him celebrate his 87th birthday. We took him dinner, a birthday cake (no frosting...he doesn't like frosting on his cake), and we even sang happy birthday...TWICE!! :) Kyle, Amy, Sophia, and Griffin met us out there and showed up just as we were finishing the birthday song, so on request from Sophia, we sang again so that she could participate.


This is how Kora, Myself, and my cousin Lindsey used to play on these stairs. I was showing Sophia what we used to always do...

She then had to try...however, she said that "this is what I always used to do." She pretty much told me my own story...right after I got done telling her. It was hilarious, she copied what I said, almost, word for word.
"What did you say Great Grandpa?"
It was great to celebrate another birthday with my Grandpa. While we were there we found a bunch of old pictures. It was so fun to show them to my Grandpa and hear what he had to say about each one. It was amazing the details he was able to remember from the pictures!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Marisa, These pictures of the birthday party and of the lake are beautiful...You are a fabulous little photographer! Love, Mom

Kora said...

Ris, this looks so fun. I'm bummed I didn't go with you guys. The fall pics slideshow looks awesome. I love how you've been doing those.

Kimberly said...

love the story about Sophia stealing your story--too funny. Miss that girl, feel like its been a long time since I've seen her. Happy B Day Gramps! I can't believe how much hair Griff has!!! I'll be staying the night in Oly on Tuesday so hopefully I'll get to see everyone.

Beth said...

Hi Mar - excited to see you Friday!! These pictures with your grandpa are too cute.