Monday, June 1, 2009

Downtown with my new CANON REBEL

I recently became the new owner of a Canon Rebel xsi and absolutely LOVE it!! It is the most amazing camera and something that I am sure to cherish for the next few decades. The day after I got it, I was dying to go downtown Olympia in the sunshine and take some pictures of the cute little town we live in. Once Richie finally woke up and got ready for the day, we headed downtown. The picture below is the only one we have together because Richie was scared that if we asked someone to take our picture they would run off with our new camera. Since Richie is not in quite as good of shape as he used to be (don't worry babe, you still look great to me) he wasn't feeling so confident that he could catch someone if they started running away with "The Rebel!!!" So when we went up in the viewing tower there was a young man up there who we decided to ask because we figured it would be hard for him to run away when we were up in a tower:). Richie decided to end it all that day...but luckily I was able to talk him back from the ledge.

Walking around Capital Lake. It was sooooo hot and we needed to take a little rest.

We also wanted to watch this cute little dog. Her name was Kelly and she LOVED the water. Her owner kept trying to get her to come out but she would just stare at him. She was only 9 months old and in such a cute puppy mode. Something is wrong with me because watching her made me want a puppy!! I already have two dogs and I wasn't even a "dog" person until a few years ago, but when they are puppies, they are so playful and cute. She kept trying to stand on the stick in this picture and was getting really frustrated that it wouldn't hold her. She was part American Bulldog (which is what Baxter is) and part American Pitt Bull Terrier. Too cute!!

We had a great time downtown Olympia and we both agreed that we not only live in a beautiful state, but we also live in the cutest little town. I love my new camera...if anyone wants me to follow their family around and take candid pics let me know!!!!



3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yeah! I am so glad you put a new pic on top and that you finally put a few new posts on. I always look forward to yours because they are so funny!

Leah said...

Well your pictures and comments about our state and the town of Oly got me all teared up. I already miss WA and I haven't even left yet. Boo hoo!

Kora said...

That is too funny you thought someone would run off with your camera :). The pics look awesome!