Monday, June 22, 2009

W-O-W

Richie and I had a VERY busy night on Friday. Richie's older brother James and his sig other(Teresa) recently had another baby, James Jr., to add to their 4 1/2 year old, Kelani. When my husband was over visiting on Wednesday he offered to give them a break from the baby and said that we would take him for the night on Friday. While Richie and Teresa discussed the details about taking care of a 1 1/2 month, they all of a sudden realized that Kelani was frantically running around the house packing up, already thinking that she was also going to be staying with us. So we quickly went from watching an easy 1 1/2 month old, who sleeps all the time, to now watching a rambunctious 4 1/2 year old with him.

Richie told KK (that is what we call Kelani) to calm down because she wasn't going to be having a slumber party until Friday, so she had a couple days to wait. She followed that statement by saying, "me and Nats are going to have soooo much fun" (picture that statement being said with a lisp!!). Natalya, aka Nats, is Richie's other brother's little girl, who is almost five. Richie was now a little scared to come home and tell me that he had volunteered us to watch the baby, but that quickly turned into a full on slumber party with us, the baby, and the little girls!!

I have to admit, I had a very overwhelming feeling when Rich came home and told me that we were going to have a full house on Friday night!! Our house is only 888sq feet, and it, for the night, was going to be housing Richie and I, our two dogs (who are not little), two four year olds, and a new baby...whew...that is a lot of people and not a lot of house. Of course, everything worked out great and everyone really enjoyed themselves. Surprisingly, Baxter (our big, dumb dog) was great with all of the kids and took on the protector role, constantly sniffing and checking everyone to make sure all was well. The girls ended up sleeping in their princess tent in the living room and Richie, me, the baby, Baxter, and Lady all took up post on our queen size bed...it was a tight fit, to say the least!!!
Here are a couple pictures of the girls in the bath on Friday night. They really enjoyed themselves and it was a great break for James and Teresa to have a night away from both the baby and KK.
Natalya is on right and KK is on the left.


We had a great time, but were definitely tired by the time we dropped all the kids off on Saturday evening. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of the baby so I could show you how cute he is, but after I took these pics I was so busy that I forgot to pull my camera back out. I tip my hat to all you mothers who do this everyday of your lives...it is probably the hardest job on Earth...with the biggest reward!

1 comment:

Kora said...

Always love your stories, Ris :).