Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Wedding

That's right...we were invited to the event of the century!!!!

We all woke up, or some of us just stayed up to watch the royal wedding in the middle of the night...or should I say, extremely early in the morning. The wedding footage started to air at 1:30 am our time.

Here is the wedding group posing behind the "reception" table. You will notice that everyone is either wearing a fascinator or a hat...very British:). The beautiful table at the wedding party...

Baby Don was thrilled to be up so early in the morning:). As you can tell from the picture, I was very tired, but the whole night was so fun...totally worth it. I ended going to sleep around 10 o'clock, waking up around midnight, staying up until about 4:30 am, when the couple went back to the palace for brunch, took an hour nap, and woke back up around 5:30 am to see the kiss on the balcony of the palace. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY tired and as soon as they were done with their kiss, well their second one, I went back to sleep for a few hours.

My Mom and Kora are just posing with the happy couple. It was so nice of them to invite us to their special day!! This tea towel is actually straight from London, where Nick's cousin is at...or something like that. Either way, Nick's parents were willing to let us use it for our wedding party. It was the perfect touch...felt as though they were in the room with us:).

Mary won the award for best dressed by far!!!!!! Her hat was stunning, the jacket had gold sparkles all over it, her jewelery was amazing, and her purse and shoes tied it all together. GORGEOUS!!!!! I just wish that I would have gotten a picture of the shoes too. They were gold heals...perfect.

I had such a fun time at the party. I hope that the newlyweds enjoy a lifetime of happiness:). Some people thought we were crazy for staying up most of the night, but who doesn't love a real life fairy tale?????? And now I can say that I saw it live...well, at least live from my T.V. LOL!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

you are all crazy. Especially staying up and watching it.

Kimberly said...

I was up all night watching it as well and loved it! I got so excited as Kate stepped out of the car--I couldn't wait to see her dress. It would have been fun to be at your party but it was also nice just laying in bed to watch the whole thing. I was dang tired the next day though!!

Beth said...

This is hilarious!! What a cute idea. I did not watch anything, but the news the next day. You guys are so funny :)