Thursday, May 19, 2011

WELCOME

...welcome to the world sweet boy!! At 1:04am on Thursday, May 12th Richie and I welcomed our beautiful little boy into the world. I think it was a little shocking for him:)...but he seems to be adjusting quite well. Don Christopher Faatoafe made his entrance weighing 7lbs 9ozs and measuring 20 inches long.It is absolutely amazing how much and how quickly you can fall in love. This little guy has stolen my heart, as well as his father's. We often find ourselves just staring at him because he is so perfect.We entered the hospital Wednesday morning as a family of two and left on Saturday as a family of three. This is honestly the most amazing experience of my entire life. Richie and I were talking last night about how people always say that the two best days of their life are their wedding day and the birth of their first child. We agreed however, that the two almost can't be compared. Our wedding day was so fun and amazing, but this is a miracle...a little piece of our hearts is now on the outside of us.So here we are...a family of three. Our little guy is more wonderful than I ever could have expected. When my sister had her baby 19 months ago, she kept saying she was so happy she could burst and I now know what she meant. My heart is so full of love for this little guy and for my awesome husband, who has been sooooo busy taking care of both Don and myself. Sorry for sounding so cheesy in this whole post, but honestly, there is no accurate way to describe the feeling that comes with motherhood...I think I am going to enjoy this new job:).

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

so cute Ris. Motherhood is the greatest thing ever...even if you are tired all the time. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Marisa, You made Grammy cry!!! You are such a sweet little family...God has blessed you and all of us as well!! We love you.
Mom

Leah said...

Congrats Marisa!! You have taken the words right out of my mouth! I hope to get to meet him next month.

Becky K. said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting to hear. What an adorable little family.

Malia said...

CONGRATS! What a beautiful family you have. He is perfect. Good job, Marisa and Richie!