Saturday, April 9, 2011

Showers for my Sweet Boy

The last weekend of March brought a couple of showers for my sweet baby. On Saturday my BFF (Marie) and sisters threw a shower at Marie's house. It was such a perfect set up for a gathering. By the end of the party we kept joking that Marie needed to start renting her "space" out for showers and parties because it was so great. Everything is open and never felt too crowded or squishy. It was such a great day. I love it when my high school friends and college friends can all be in the same place. My favorite peeps all coming together:). Here I am in front of the beautiful table scape. Kimberly and Amy really should go into some type of party planning business together. They always do such a great job. Amy made the adorable banner, which I will also be using in his nursery. (Side note about that...his room is almost finished, so I will be posting pics soon:). ) Me, with my beautiful nieces. They were both so sweet at the party. I can't wait for them to play with Baby Don. I am sure they will all be great friends.
Opening some gifts. Last night, I told Richie that I wanted him to wear this little hat home from the hospital, and Richie laughed because he didn't think I would really want Baby Don's head to be that big from the start:). I guess he is right...Don can wear that after a few weeks once he has grown into it.
The next day we had a much smaller shower with my Aunties and some cousins up at the Sheraton. It was such a wonderful day. I really wish we were all able to get together more often...even if just for a quick lunch. It is so nice to chat and catch up with family.


Here I am with all my sisters...out-laws included:).
Eerkes Aunites...
Hussey gals.
Both days were so great. I am getting so excited for this little guy to get here. The house is painted, his room is almost done, and I only have one more load of his laundry to finish up. Last night, I told Rich that on Tuesday I would be NINE MONTHS PREGNANT!!! With a little smirk on his face he said, "this is all getting a little too crazy." I think it is too late to go back now babe:).

No comments: