Monday, April 25, 2011

PUFFY!!!!

Over the last couple weeks I have started to get really puffy...especially my feet. The swelling has also effected my hands, which I like to call banana hands, and face. I was looking through pictures on my phone the other day and came across this picture. I think I was either 22wks or 24wks along in this picture. It was so weird for me to see myself not swollen!!! That same night I went to dinner at Dirty Daves (yum!!) with my Mom and Kora. I was talking with them about how gross and puffy I am and then proceeded to show them this picture so that they could get an idea of how different I looked. Not that I didn't think they already knew, but sometimes when you see someone everyday, or almost everyday, you don't realize how extreme a change is until you see a comparison. Kora responded with, "Aww, you were so pretty!!!" We all instantly started cracking up. Don't worry, I didn't take it personal:). It was just so funny and then it made it even funnier how she was tripping all over her words after that to try and back out of the statement. Needless to say we got some good laughs.

I am definitely ready for Don to make his arrival!! My doctor said that most swelling starts to go down within 24 hours of delivery, and I CANNOT wait for that to start happening. Wearing shoes again would be a nice change to my current flip flops. I had an ultrasound last week, which was so different that the earlier ones. When babies are big and you get an ultrasound you have NO idea what you are looking at because only bits and parts fit into the screen. The ultrasound tech said that she thinks he has a lot of hair because she could see white stuff around his head, which usually indicates hair. I can't wait to see what our little guy looks like!! I want to kiss his little face:).

You are welcome to make your entrance any day now Baby Don...your Mom and Dad are both ready to meet you:).

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hopefully the predictions are right and this Thursday will have some action! You have all my sympathy and empathy, Ris. Hang in there...