Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

To kick off the month of February my good friend Lauren held a Valentine's Day card making party. It was such a fun night!! She had all sorts of crafting products for us to use and had them set up so cute. Lauren always takes such care in making things thoughtful and presentable. She had spent much of the night before baking chocolate goodies for us to nibble on while making cards. Needless to say, I was a little "chocolate wasted" by the time I left.

Here is a picture of me and the card that I made for my Valentine. Even though the party was a couple weeks ago, I made Richie open the card when I got home that night and he looked so confused when he opened it and said, "but today isn't Valentine's Day." Such a boy:). We were at the small embossing table and she also had the larger dinning room table set up with goods (you can see it a little bit in the background). I was completely covered in glitter by the end of the night...the glitter was my favorite part:).
The Oly girls with the card that we made for Jenny, who couldn't be there because she lives so far away. We each took a turn putting something on the card and then signed it. That was probably the funniest part of the whole night! We based a lot of our card ideas on our trip to Napa last year. My cheeks hurt by the end of the night from laughing so much.

It was a great night with friends. I wish we would do things like that more often just for an excuse to get together and hang out. I love all these ladies:).

Happy Valentine's Day all! I hope that your day is filled with love...whether that love be from a sweetheart, family member, or dear friend...or from all of the above:).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute posting. Happy V day to everyone. It looked like a lot of fun. Baby Don got into the action too.

MamaSophia said...

Fun! I scrapbook and make cards and stuff too (when I have time these days). Plus I think it's hillarious that your chocolate wasted instead of wine wasted!! Well worth it though!