Monday, March 14, 2011

Leavenworth Girls weekend

I was lucky enough to spend the first weekend of March in Leavenworth, WA with some of my dearest friends, Jessica, Lauren, and Beth. The first night that we got there it was snowing like crazy!!! Total winter wonderland:). We quickly checked into our condo and headed to dinner, as we were all VERY hungry...at least I know that Baby Don and I were very hungry.


Here is a picture of the downtown Leavenworth area. There was also a Christmas movie being shot down this street, so the four of us may become big movie star extras...or at least may have a little cameo in the background, as we walked down the sidewalk to our restaurant. They totally lucked out with the falling snow...how perfect for a Christmas movie!!!

We spent much of the next morning and afternoon browsing and shopping all around the downtown area. Don't mind how large I look in this picture...I think it is the coat:).We then headed back to the condo for a snacky lunch of yummy cheese, fruit, veggies and hummus. It was sooooo good and perfect to snack on while we played cards. Beth introduced us to a new game called Phoenix Rummy (not sure on the spelling). I was addicted!! I pretty much wanted to play the rest of the trip:).


Lauren...working on her second bottle:). It was a fun night, which we ended with dinner at a really great Mexican restaurant. Beth and I decided that this specific meal was worth the drive back to Leavenworth!!!

We headed back pretty early on Sunday, where my whole family (besides my Mom, who was in Bellevue for a work conference) was hanging out. Kimberly and Abby came down to spend some time at home, while their bathroom was getting the finishing remodel steps. I ended a great weekend with a fun dinner at my parents house. Amy made delicious lasagna!! It is always nice to be back together again.
After dinner, however, we got some bad news and I would like for everyone to keep my Dad in your prayers. We found out that he has prostate cancer. They have caught it really early, which is always good. However, we won't know much more until after his doctor's appointment next week. I just ask that everyone say a little extra prayer for his health...I always figure more people praying can never hurt.

I love this picture of my Dad...so perfect to show his personality:). I know I am a little bias, but I have to admit, my Dad is probably one of the best ever!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

O. K. made me cry. We all do not want to lose any of us. Epecially our parents. Dad and Mom have been good to soo many people. Look at us kids and you know how much love they have for each other. We turned our great. Love you Mom and Dad. Life would not be the same without you two.

Malia said...

Marisa, you are looking great! I am SO sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts.

Leah said...

LOVE "Lev" with the girls!!

And, I do think your Dad is one of the best!! He is in my prayers!