Sunday, September 12, 2010

My New Closet

I know I have mentioned many times before that Richie and I live in a VERY small house! It is a two bedroom, one bath, tiny little place. Ever since we moved in I have been using our spare room as my closet, which I quickly outgrew:). Rich and I have been discussing turning half of the garage into a new closet for me so that we could actually use our spare room for something more functional. Over the last week or so, Richie has been EXTREMELY busy getting my new closet all ready. He is such a great husband and makes me so happy...as does my new closet!!!!

He started by painting and getting rid of anything out there that was not needed in order to make room for all of my stuff. We had a bit of extra carpet that was left over after the carpet inside was installed, so he installed that, which ended up fitting perfect!! He hung some shelves, got some hanging racks, and moved my dresser out there. It turned out sooooooo good!!!

Here is a picture of my dresser. He even took the time to hang my necklaces:) Some of the shelves and hanging space.....
More hanging space provided by portable hanging racks.....
Some of the shoe space below the clothes...
Area for more of the shoes ( I like how you can see Baxter in the mirror:) )....

I love my new closet!!! It is so nice that I can actually see all of my clothes. I feel like they can breath for the first time. Everything turned out so great.
Richie, your the best!!!! Love you Babe!!!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow--Marhus you have a lot of clothes and shoes--holy cow! The closet/dressing room looks great. . .I can't wait to see what you plan on doing with the spare room now that you have freed it of your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Richie it looks great!! I am so happy you got Marisa organized....I am amazed at all the clothes and shoes Marisa has...You are a sweet husband to do this huge project....Love, Mom/Deniece

Leah said...

That looks great!!! Nice work Richie!

Beth said...

Great work Richie!! I am so glad you now have space for your clothes and now you can use the other room. Can't wait to come over and see it all in person :)

Kora said...

Love it and it even looks cozy out there! I mean, Bax likes it.