Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mom's Craft / Wrapping room

For awhile now I have wanted my Mom to get her upstairs room turned into a craft / wrapping / gift room. She pretty much has already started it, well, at least has the "stuff" in there:). Now she just needs to put things into some sort of organization mode so that it is easily accessible and usable. Her are a few ideas that I have found for some inspiration...

I really like how this room has the ribbon and wrapping paper hanging on the wall, so you can see it and it is easy to access. However, that is really only most practical for your go to wrapping paper, so some cute container to hold the rest of the wrapping paper is a great idea as well. Here is a great idea to utilize shelf space. It makes everything look neat and tidy because each item has a container to separate them.
For this last picture, I just thought it looked cute and organized. This looks more like a general crafting station, where my Mom's room would specialize in gifts and wrapping.

These are just some ideas that have been rolling around in my head for awhile now. My Mom is totally the go-to-gal for anything gifts and wrapping. She has all the supplies on hand and I know she would feel better about using them if they were more organized and visually appealing. I definitely think she works better when she can see all her supplies, so it is important to have some visual organization:).

Her and I both have the summer off so hopefully this will be a project that we can work on!!

By the way, I only have 30 days of work left until summer!!! Whoot Whoot!!!!!!! Gotta love being a teacher:).

4 comments:

Leah said...

I totally hear you on summer coming and organizing! I plan to put a baby room together and can't wait! 17 more days till school is out for summer!!!!!

Amy said...

Ooh you are going to be a busy gal this summer. You know you're on my "helper" list for all the organizing I need done around here. BTW, Joanne's has lots of stuff like what you might want. glass containers, ribbon spool organizers, etc. also, the decorative wrapping paper holder might be an umbrella holder, don't you think. Great ideas, keep em comin'.

Kora said...

Ris, I can totes help with the room reorg...I love all your ideas.

Kayla said...

I wish I wrapped enough things to have a wrapping room. They're so gorgeous.

http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/