Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dear Donnie Roo,

My sweet, sweet Donnie Rooster!  Where did the last year go?!?!?  I feel like it was just the other day that your Dad and I were headed to the hospital, anxiously awaiting your arrival.  The last year has been inexplicably amazing!!!!  I have loved every second of watching you grow up.  I know I am a little late with this, and the picture is actually 1 year and a month instead of one year exactly, but better late than never, right?

Even though you had been pulling yourself up on and climbing on EVERYTHING for a few months, you didn't actually start walking until one week before your birthday.  Now you are an old pro and you think you are pretty cool walking around with and playing with your older cousins, who you LOVE!!!!  Your Dad and I were talking about how we think you and Griff are going to have a pretty awesome relationship.  Right now you both get so excited when you see each other and he is such a sweet older cousin.  You two love hugging and he shares toys, food, and drinks with you even when you can tell he doesn't really want to.  The whole walking thing has given you the ability to keep up with him even better than you used to:).  Walking, did I say walking????  You actually try to run most of the time and Grandma and I have to remind you to slow down so that you don't lose your balance.

One of your other best friends is Lady Bug.  You love to lay on her when you watch TV and she loves watching over you.  You have started teasing her a little bit, which your Dad and I are trying to teach you not to do, but you think it is so funny to hold out food for her and then take it away.  However, you are also very good about sharing your food with her...maybe a little too good.  Sometimes I turn away from you for a second and turn back and you have no more food on your tray because you have fed it all to Bug.

You love to make people laugh.  It is so hilarious to watch you make funny faces and do funny little tricks just trying to get a giggle out of people.  A couple nights ago at dinner, you were making faces and then would laugh so loud to try and make us laugh even more.  You are quite the entertainer:).

We had your one year check up a couple weeks ago.  You were 80% for height and 30% for weight.  Who would have ever thought that I would get a tall skinny kid:)?!?!?!?  I think the chart is a little skewed though, because you seem perfect to me.  You are so active that trying to get you to gain any weight is pretty impossible.  The doctor was so impressed with your beautiful mouth FULL of teeth.  You have all of them now!!  Molers, eye teeth, you got 'em!

You still sleep in bed with your Dad and me, but I LOVE it.  It is the best when I put you to bed and my busy little boy slows down long enough to snuggle until he falls asleep.  I love waking up in the middle of the night and having you right there to check on.  So many people keep saying that we need to get you in your own bed, but I don't think I can do that yet.  You are only little once and I want to soak up every minute that I can, and this time at night helps me to do that. 

There is so much I can say about you, but just don't know how to put it all into words.  You are so sweet and even when you are throwing tantrums (yes, they do happen sometimes) I love you to pieces.  You are going to be a big brother soon and I just know that you are going to be so wonderful.  As I have been writing this, I have had to hold back tears.  You have blessed your Dad and I so much and everyday I thank God for sending you to us.  Watching you grow is so amazing and everyday you find a way to make me laugh and smile.  You really are the sunshine of our lives:).

I love you Stinkerdoodle!!!

Love,
Your Mom

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok I did cry reading this. That is so sweet. I love seeing him when I can. I love all his kisses, smiles, laughs and just making my day a better one:) Thanks so much for sharing him with me. Love always, Michelle

Sarah Alway said...

Marisa, what a sweet letter! Your little guy is so lucky! He's such a cutie I love his Lakers jersey. :-)

Kimberly said...

I think you are related to The Cat in the Hat too Marisa w/ "Stinkerdoodle" :) Really sweet post to your son. He is adorable and so lucky to have you and Richie as parents!