Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Got Milk????

Ever since Don was born he has had trouble latching. We keep working on it, but it still is not a constant thing around our home. For this reason, I have had to pump ever since I was in the hospital to make sure that my milk keeps producing and so that we can put it in bottles for Don to eat. Needless to say, the pumping has worked quite well and I produce a little over twice as much as what Don needs for eating...meaning, I am running out of freezer space!!!! Milk is taking over and the chicken pot pies are scrambling for a new space to live:).These are some of the first bags that I pumped. It is so funny to me because they are a completely different color than the milk I pump now. It must still have a little bit of the good stuff in it:).

See, the poor pot pies are being taken over!!!!
Since Don is not latching I have decided to cut my breast feeding at little short and hope to be completely done by the time I go back to work in September. Hopefully this stock pile will help us to ward off formula for a little longer than that.

6 comments:

A Little Moore said...

Impressive stash Marisa :)

Nikki and Dave Edelson said...

Wow Mary Beth! You've got a lot of liquid gold there! Good job momma!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marisa...This is the funniest picture...You have just a little milk....Love, Mom

MamaSophia said...

Holy moly chica! You've seen my knockers and I don't think I even produced that much milk! You must have a super pump! :-) Good for you mama

The Chases said...

This is awesome!!! Dont you feel like a cow? I sure do! Hope you and baby are well!! WE should get together soon ;)

Anonymous said...

Marisa I am right there with you. The only thing saving my freezer is the deep freezer we have in the garage. One thing I learned with my last pregnancy is to put them in paper bags by month, that way when I need to use them (or give them to the baby sitter) I use the oldest ones first. It saved me a lot of time digging through milk-sicles